Benton Integrity Workmanship Warranty
In addition to the product and materials warranties supported by the manufacturers we represent, Benton Integrity Roofing Systems offers a warranty on our workmanship ranging form our comprehensive 5-year Workmanship Warranty, standard on all of our re-roofs, to a 25-Year Workmanship Coverage Plan through the GAF Golden Pledge Warranty.
Compare the different warranties in the chart below and ask your Benton Project Manager which warranty would be right for your Jacksonville Home.
GAF roofing products are consistently recognized #1 by industry experts:
- GAF shingles were selected three straight years on Life Magazine's "Dream House"
- GAF was awarded #1 visual brand by Life Magazine
- GAF was named the most used roof ridge ventilation systems by Builders and Remodelers (2001 study)
- GAF was named the #1 shingle brand used in the last two years by Home Builders (2003 study)
- GAF was named #1 in Innovation™ for shingles and ridge ventilation by Home Builders (2004 study)
Frequently Asked Questions About Warranties
- Are roof warranties important?
A new roof is a big investment, typically involving thousands of your hard-earned dollars and lasting 25, 30, 40 years or more. As with any big investment, knowing in advance what your warranty covers could save you thousands in the event that problems arise with your roof.
- What are the chances I will have a problem with my new GAF roof?Based on GAF’s state-of-the-art manufacturing process, the odds of having a problem with a new GAF roof is about 1 in 1000! On the other hand, while serious problems with GAF roofing materials are rare, if you were to have a problem, it can be as expensive to fix as your roof originally cost. So while the risk of having a problem is low, the cost if you do have a serious problem can be high.
- What if there are problems with the roof’s installation?
Studies indicate that more than two-thirds of the problems that people experience with their new roofs are due to the contractor’s workmanship, not the roofing materials. That’s why you should trust a GAF “Master Elite” certified contractor like Benton Integrity Roofing with the installation. GAF has awarded Benton Integrity Roofing Systems with the prestigious GAF Master Elite Installation Excellence Award. See our CERTIFICATIONS screen under ABOUT US for more information about this award and others.
- What should I look for in a roofing warranty?
Basically, there are two types of coverage that you should ask your contractor about: coverage against material defects and coverage against workmanship errors. Make sure you get both in writing.
- What does a materials warranty cover?
Almost all roofing products come with a warranty against material defects, although your exact coverage will vary depending on the brand. For example, a typical shingle warranty will cover material defects for a period of 20, 30, 40 years or more. The warranty on the other components of your roofing system can vary from as little as a few months to several years. It is important to remember that coverage against material defects is provided by the manufacturer, so you should select a brand from a manufacturer who is financially strong and therefore more likely to be in business for as long as you own your roof, which could be several decades!
- What is GAF’s “SmartChoice® Protection Period”?
GAF’s warranties come with a special provision called the Smart Choice® Protection Period that covers you against material defects during the critical early years of your new roof. During this period, in the event that you experience a material defect on covered components, GAF will provide you with 100% replacement materials and the reasonable cost of labor to install them. This is important because some roofing warranties may only provide replacement materials, but not the labor to install them.
- Does Benton Integrity Roofing cover me against workmanship errors?
Benton Integrity Roofing participates in the GAF Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty, the first manufacturer’s warranty to cover both material defects and the contractor’s workmanship (see warranty for complete coverage and restrictions). GAF will stand behind our workmanship up to 25 years! The Golden Pledge® Ltd. Warranty is available only through GAF Master Elite™ Contractors, who are factory-certified by GAF. The warranty even includes an inspection by GAF’s independent inspectors after your new roof has been completed to insure proper installation. It is the strongest, safest warranty available in roofing today. Your Benton Integrity Project Manager can provide a price for the warranty when we give you a quote for your new roof.
'Worry-Free' And 'Hassle-Free' Warranty Options
Because of our unique training and factory-certified status, roofs we install are eligible for special warranties ' all backed by GAF 's financial clout as America's largest roofing manufacturer. After all, a warranty is only as good as the manufacturer that stands behind it. With a GAF roof, you know that you will be covered throughout the warranty period 'without fail!
Ask us about which warranty option would be right for your Jacksonville home. Your Safest Choice Don't trust your biggest asset to just any roofing contractor.